Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Baby Basics



Last night Matt and I had our first baby class called Baby Basics!  The class is designed to answer your questions about basic newborn care.  From bathing, diapering, nutritional needs, safety issues, when to call the doctor, normal newborn behavior and how to prepare for those first weeks of parenting are some of the topics discussed!  We had a great time!  We were in the class with 5 other couples.  Our instructor was fabulous!  She's an RN labor and delivery nurse. She definitely knew her stuff!  

I have been around lots of babies and even worked at a daycare in high school so I'm very comfortable around babies!  Matt on the other hand has never really been around babies!  I call him a "diaper virgin" b/c he's never changed a baby's diaper, ha!  He wants the first diaper he changes to be on his first child!  I think that's really neat!  I think the class was especially helpful for Matt!  He learned how to properly change a diaper, change their clothes, how to hold a baby and much more!  I can't wait to see him as a Dad!!!

How many of you mom's out there took a class like this before your baby's came home?  And was it helpful for your husbands?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We took a class like this before our 1st child was born. It was very helpful. Matt will catch on easily. Jeremy was the same way and he caught on so quickly and is a great dad. I never really could have imagined that he would be as good as he actually is with our kids. He will amaze you, belief me.