Wednesday, February 25, 2009

24 weeks

Tomorrow I will be 24 weeks!  Hard to believe this little baby will be here in less than 16 weeks!  WOW!  This pic was taken at 22 weeks!  Hopefully we will get an updated pic this weekend!  
We are still in the process of deciding on a glider for the nursery!  Basically we are looking at these 2 gliders!  The first one pictured is a rocker and swivel chair!  This is NOT the color we like, it will be a cream color!  The chair also comes with a ottoman!  What I like about this chair is that it looks like a typical arm chair that you would put in a study or family room!  I feel confident that we would use this chair in another room of the house later on!

This is the typical traditional glider!  I like this glider a alot!  This chair is super comfy and looks very nice!  It also has a ottoman that comes with it!  Gliders are super expensive and it's hard for me to stomach spending so much money on a chair that I might not use in another room of the house later on!  

I would love to hear any advice from you other mother's out there!   

5 comments:

Karen said...

Hey Summer! This is Karen from high school.

I think, personally, I would get the rocker/swivel chair. We had a traditional glider given to us (we didn't pick it out) and I hate it. It's really, really narrow which wasn't a problem when Will was little bitty but as he got longer it was a real pain to nurse him in it. If it's wide enough I don't think that would be a problem, though. Also, I ended up sitting in the glider for hours and there really wasn't enough padding to make it comfortable for long periods of time.

Summer said...

Thanks for the very useful info Karen! That really helps me alot in making my decision! I never would have thought about the narrowness of the wooden glider as the baby gets bigger! Very Helpful!!!

Kelly M said...

Love the photo Summer! I have no advice for you on the rocker glider thing. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

I think you should go with the non-traditional swivel chair. Those traditional gliders seem comfy and great at the store, but after hours of nursing and sitting in them, they quickly become very uncomfortable. I think you would like the swivel chair better and it would look great in any room.

ConfidentUntilCompletion said...

I love the picture, and I think you'll want to go for the one that looks like a real chair. Later on, your child can use it, you can use it, and it is really cute! I don't know if that is the best for the whole nursing/feeding thing, but that's my two cents.