Friday, March 7, 2008

Snow Day...in March?

Well it's another snow day here in Cincinnati!   I had a work presentation early this morning in Dayton (40 miles north of Cincy)  My meeting was at 9am and it was already snowing but nothing was sticking...yet!  By the time I came out of my meeting at 10 the snow was sticking and I could tell it was starting to get slick!  As I was maneuvering my car to get on the interstate I slide a little and thought "this is going to be a long drive home".  It was a pretty stressful 2 hour drive home as I didn't reach over 40 mph the entire time!  It's just plain yucky out there!  I saw numerous cars on the side of the road that had spun out and lost control.  I was glad to finally make it home, all in one piece!  I'm a southern girl...I don't do snow very well!

Matt got lucky today...he arrived early to work this morning only to find a dark and quiet building!  The power was out in his building and would not be restored for 4 hours.  He called me on my way to Dayton and said he was heading back to work from home!   

We have gotten at least 3-4 inches of snow already and they are predicting we could get a foot by tomorrow morning!  WOW  I don't think I've ever seen that much snow in my life!  I thought, finally, March is here and I'm ready for spring....buuut not just yet!  I will take some pics today or tomorrow and post for all to see!  

No comments: