Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Tornados in Memphis and Union University

When Matt and I got home last night we cooked dinner and then I jumped online to check emails and get on facebook! I saw everyone's status in Memphis was "taking cover from the storms" and "I'm in the closet" so I got worried and called my parents to make sure everyone was ok! I heard from some friends as well about Union and apparently the girls dorms were obliterated practically and the guys dorms were damaged! The exxon across from campus is a pile of rubble and the bank on the corner from campus had it's roof torn off! Also, Jennings Hall that faces the Bypass was damage severely and most of the roof is gone! Dr. Dockery is saying it is millions of dollars in damages! Pray for the students and faculty there! There were no life injuries or anyone killed! God's hand was totally all over that campus Tuesday night! They have canceled classes til the 13th. Keep the students and faculty there in your prayers! I will post pics later!

My family is all safe and no damage that I know of! My Mom was at work when it happened and made it home safely! My Dad was at work as well and stayed safe through the storms. There was alot of damage in and around Memphis! Pray for Memphis as they begin to pick up all the broken pieces!

No comments: