Friday, February 15, 2008

Sweet Memories

I can't even begin to describe what it's like to see these dorms, the dorms where I spent some of the best years of my life developing friendships that would last a lifetime, being torn down! It's so sad to see these buildings demolished! Of course, I know it has to be done but part of me feels sad to know the place I lived for 4 great years of my life and called home away from home will no longer be! I think about taking my kids one day to Union's campus and show them where I went to college but they will never see where I lived! The campus will soon be completely differant but I know they will prevail and excel! I am thankful, oh so thankful, for the wonderful 4 years I had a Union! I am so proud of Dr. Dockery, the faculty and staff who have stepped up and are doing an amazing job to put Union back together! I do know for certain that Union will still remain an excellent academic university where friendships and relationships begin and last for a lifetime! Demolition of Watters Dorms
Demolition of Watters
Demolition of Crook Dorms

WOW!
Used to be dorms here!
Damage to Hurt Complex
(I lived my Freshman year in the last dorm here(wingo),
where the guys is standing in yellow & red)Hurt Complex
Demolition of Hurt Complex

1 comment:

Lori said...

Thanks for sharing those pictures. We had some great times in Wingo! Jeff and I are trying to go to Union next weekend but if FEMA is there then they won't let anyone else on campus. We are still waiting to hear from them to see if they need us. i told Jeff I will cry when I step back on that campus. I am SO THANKFUL for my time there and ZTA!

Lori