Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Anniversary to Birthday Cake

A couple weeks ago Matt and I finally made it to our anniversary dinner at Carlo & Johnny.  It's a Jeff Ruby Steakhouse and it did not disappoint!  We are excited to celebrate 2 wonderful years of marriage and can't wait to celebrate more!  We both had steak and split two sides, mac daddy cheese and au gratin cheesy potato's!  It was very yummy!!!!
Matt's long time high school buddy Joel married his sweetie Lindsay back in May.  We celebrated at their wedding reception a few weeks ago!  It was like high school reunion for Matt!  Funny how I was the one feeling out of place and not knowing anyone!  We had a good time though and enjoyed ourselves!
Joel & his bride Lindsay
The cake I made for a wedding shower at work!  It was my first "real" cake!  And my first roses!  I am happy to report they have improved!!!
Matt's birthday was this past Friday so of course I had to make a cake for him!  It turned out well but I want to move from looking like an amature to a professional!  It takes LOTS of practice!  Bring on the cakes!!!

5 comments:

Kelly M said...

Summer, wow! You and Matt have been busy! I love the photos from the trip to Las Vegas. You sure did some great sight seeing. We've been praying for you and Matt and his family too.
You're getting to be quite the pro with the cakes! They seriously looked like they were store made when I first looked at them. Nicely done!

ConfidentUntilCompletion said...

These cakes are phenomenal, Sum! So good! Maybe I should take a cake decorating class for fun. It looks like so much fun! Love the photos from Las Vegas, too :)

Leah

Lori said...

Those cakes looks great. We could have used them in Wingo!

Summer said...

Thanks ya'll! I am loving the cake classes! Just wait til you see my final cake for course two! I will be posting later today so be on the lookout! We start course 3 on Monday, tiered cakes and fondant. Don't think I will ever do tiered cakes but will be nice to know. I want to basically do birthday and shower cakes.

Nathan and Meg said...

That cake you made for Matt is awesome!! Great job!!!