Saturday, May 10, 2008

My 100 Things

I've read a lot of blogs with people writing "100 things about themselves" and was curious if I could come up with 100 things about me!  So here is my long list!  Hope you enjoy!  I challenge everyone who reads my list to write their own "100 Things"!  It was actually kinda fun!

My 100 things:

1. I am a child of God, saved by Grace!

2. I was born on November 13, 1979 in Memphis, TN.

3. I am the daughter of Joy and Jerry 

4. I am the sister to Matt R. 

5. I am the wife of Matt Deepe

6. I married my best friend and love of my life on July 8, 2006.

7. My husband and I met on Match.com in 2003.

8. I'm convinced I have the best 2 dogs ever, our mini doxies, Annabelle and Gracie.  Annabelle is 3 and Gracie is 1 1/2.

9. I treat my dogs like they are our kids


10. I tricked Matt into getting Annabelle saying we would just go look at some puppies.   Gracie was easier to convince him to get. 

11. I love to sleep and I get very witchy when I get tired and don't get enough sleep.

12. I graduated high school from Harding Academy in 1998 and Union University in 2002.

13. I was a Zeta Tau Alpha in college and still am, ZTA is FOREVER!

14. I never wanted to go to Union U. for college until I visited and had a tour with Stephanie Lee.

15. I thought I wanted to go to Lambuth for a while, what was I thinking!

16. After college I frequently drove an hour to Jackson just to get my hair cut by Carla Perkins.  I have yet to find anyone I liked as much as Carla!

17. I always wanted to move out of Memphis.

18. I never imagined I would live in Cincinnati.

19.   Never thought I would remember how to spell Cincinnati but I did.


20. Memphis will always be home for me.

21. I hope one day we will end up in Nashville.  We both love Nashville and it would be much closer to my fam who I miss.

22. I am totally obsessed with the show on TLC, John and Kate Plus 8.

23. I like watching the show on TLC Little People, Big World.

24. I love to bake.

25. I would love to learn how to decorate cakes.

26. I would love to decorate cakes as a side business.

27. I love blogging.

28. I really love reading other peoples blogs.

29. I am a picky eater.


30. I come from a picky eating family.

31. This drives Matt crazy.

32. I secretly wish I could sing and dance on Broadway!

33. I love shopping.

34. In elementary school I wanted to be a teacher.

35. I hate shopping at Wal-mart or Meijer and will only shop at Target and Kroger.

36. I love taking pictures with our new canon camera.

37. I'm so glad Matt likes taking the pics on vacation, he's better at it than me.

38. I love to DVR everything.

39. #38 drives Matt nuts, he never DVR's anything.


40. I miss my friends from Memphis, and the ones I met in Memphis who have moved away.

41. I am excited about my new friends in Cincinnati.

42. I love our church, Montgomery Community Church or MCC.

43. I absolutely love our small group at MCC.

44. I love hanging out with other couples in our small group.

45. I have great veins for giving blood, nurses love me!

46. I cry whenever we leave our dogs at the kennel, like a baby.  We both do actually.  We are too attached to them, like I said, they are like our children.

47. I love to read.

48. I have been obsessed with ready autobiographies lately.

49. In elementary school I hated reading but thanks to Mrs. Spain, in 7th grade Bible class, I began loving to read


50. My favorite author of all time is Robin Jones Gunn, Mrs. Spain used to read us her books.

51. I am totally obsessed with Chick-fil-a, yes, I've even read the auto-bio on Truett Cathy, founder of Chick-fil-a.

52. One of my favorite autobiographies is by Paula Dean, the southern cooking queen.

53. I am a HUGE TN Vols fan.

54. I hope to go to another TN game this fall.

55. I LOVE watching college football in the fall.

56. I won the college pick 'em last fall, beating out 13 other people.

57. I really enjoy sharing the love of college football with my Dad.

58.   I despise Gator fans, Go Vols!

59. I do not like to cook, I will do just about anything to get out of cooking.


60. I cook mostly during the week and only eat out on the weekends, I suck it up.

61.  I will drive around the parking lot forever til I find a good spot, which by the way usually doesn't take long, there is always one waiting for me.  

62. My Mom and I share a talent of finding good parking spots. 

63. #62 drives my husband nuts.

64. I refuse to lose my southern accent.

65. My husband makes fun of me saying buggy and not cart.

66. I enjoy watching Oprah., most days she has good topics.

67. I indulge in celebrity magazines when I fly.  My favs are US and People.

68. My husband makes fun of #67 but I find him reading the magazines when I get done with then, haha.

69. 90% of my wardrobe is either Ann Taylor or Ann Taylor Loft…little obsession.


70. I got a paddling in kindergarten for writing my name on the newly painted bathroom walls, then, I tried to blame it on my brother.

71. I took dance, jazz and ballet classes for 10 years as a kid.  My coordination comes in handy in step class at the gym.

72. I too piano lessons for 6 years.  I used to tell my teacher that I was playing without a talent.  I was an ok pianist but never as good as I wanted to be.

73. I was a band nerd for a few years, 7th - 9th grade.  

74. I played the flute in band.

75. I have been in 3 weddings, Rachel, Melanie and Teresa

76. I like facebook much better than myspace.

77. I miss my family a lot back in TN but I don't miss Memphis.

78. I am definitely not a Memphis fan.

79. I love organizing.


80. I absolutely love office supplies, I could spend hours in Office Depot.

81. I love sweets way too much.

82. I am so excited about going to Vegas on vacation this summer.

83. I am thrilled to celebrate 2 years of marriage with Matt in July.

84. I love buying stuff to decorate our house.  Sometimes I get carried away with it. 

85. My husband and I purchased our first house in Nov. 2006.

86. My favorite color is yellow, it's all over my house!

87. I love to travel and see new things.

88. I am allergic to everything on God's green earth including pollen, dust, mold, grass and trees…yuck!

89. I take allergy medicine every day.


90. I am thankful I get to work from home some and have a flexible work schedule.

91. I love living in a clean home, I can't stand to live in a mess.  I really do enjoy cleaning.

92. I love calendars and clocks.  The more the merrier!

93. I am an optimist most of the time!  

94. I have had the same best friend since I was 12 - Rachel Riede' Tichy

95. The bravest thing I ever did was move to State Collge, PA in 2005, 1000 miles away from family, to be closer to my sweetie, Matt.

96. I lived in State College, PA for 9 months in 2005.

97.   I work in marketing for a non-profit organization.  It is a teen drug treatment center.

98. Never thought in a million years that I would be working for a teen drug treatment center.  I've never done drugs or never really been around anyone who did. a

99.  I picked out my engagement ring!  Well, I picked out 3 settings I liked and then Matt picked “the one” and the diamond of course!  He was worried I wouldn't like what he picked out since I'm so picky!

100. I absolutely love Dave Ramsey!  I listen to him all the time on the radio and we got to meet his last year when he was in Cincinnati for his Total Makeover Live Event.

4 comments:

ConfidentUntilCompletion said...

So I'm now working on my 100 Things. Be proud b/c I'm copying you. Also, I read your comment on Julie's blog. I comment on your blog. What am I, chopped liver? :) Hee hee! You could comment more on people's blogs yourself, Missy!

Summer said...

LOL thanks for the comment Leah!!! I know, I should do better on commenting on your page and others! Matt says I'm obsessed with reading blogs! haha

Kelly M said...

Oh boy! First you, now Leah. Guess I know what we're doing this weekend (aside from enjoying the NICE Seattle weather and going to a wedding and another event).... heehee.

Chris & Leah said...

May the record also note that I love the comment about driving to Jackson to get your hair cut. I can also appreciate a closet 90% filled with Ann Taylor clothing!