Sunday, February 21, 2010

Our Weekend

We've had a great weekend! We got up Saturday morning and cooked breakfast. I told Matt I want to make a new tradition of cooking breakfast on Saturday morning. I think it would be something both us and our kids would look forward to each Saturday morning. We made waffles yesterday morning.
We got ready and headed to take Ryan to the Aquarium. Honestly it was a little too crowded for us but it was still alot of fun. Ryan enjoyed seeing the "fishies" and looking at all the sea life.
It's been a few years since Matt was at the Aquarium. He enjoyed seeing the new exhibits like the jellyfish. I love being able to take Ryan out and explore new things. It's so neat to see the excitement in his eyes.
After the Aquarium we headed over to eat lunch at a new restaurant called Bulldogs. They just opened last Sunday and Matt heard about them on the radio. We enjoyed a yummy lunch of burgers and fries. Matt ate this WHOLE ONE POUND burger...and fries!!! He said he was going to take half of it home but I knew he would eat the whole thing, and he did. Good thing he doesn't eat like that all the time. Bulldogs was great and we will be sure to visit again! And Ryan did awesome even though it was really close to nap time.
This morning we enjoyed a new sermon series starting at church about being FREE. The Bible tells us "Where the spirit of the Lord it, there is freedom." I'm really excited about this study and can't wait to dig deeper in our small group.
I love Ryan is this cute sweater. He is smiling here because I'm singing Old McDonald Had a Farm. He loves that song and loves when I make the animal sounds. And speaking of singing, this little cutie was full of things to say tonight. We skyped with my parents earlier and he was just chatting away to them.
Ryan can scoot anywhere he wants to go. He got on all fours alot the past two days and would rock back and forth. No longer can I just lay him down and expect him to be in the same place when I come back. I can't believe he will be mobile soon.

1 comment:

Summer said...

I heart that sweater Ryan has on!! He is sooo precious!
That sounds like fun the Aquarium!! We are taking Kelcee to the Baltimore Aquarium when I go back to JHU in two months!! Ryan looked like he had fun and so did you and your hubby :0)
OMG that is the biggest burger I have ever seen! LOL....

Glad you guys had a great weekend
Summer :0)