Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Groundhogs, Bible Study and Lunch

Punxsutawney Phil emerged this morning to see his shadow meaning winter will last six more weeks! Ughhh! I think the only people who wants to see more winter are kids and school teachers! I have spring fever! It can't get here fast enough! I love a good snowfall, fire in the fireplace and hot chocolate on a cold winters night but you can't beat the smell of flowers blooming, longer days and enjoying the warmth of the sun in the spring.

Since Ryan seemed to be feeling better we attended Bible study this morning. He did great as usual and even took a little nap. Beth Moore's message today was amazing as usual. She has this way of revealing scripture in a insightful and enlightening way. She has such a gift and God really uses her to bring His message.
After Bible study we headed to lunch with my friend Anissa and her daughter Elizabeth. We went to one of my favorites, Olive Garden! I LOVE their soup Pasta Fagoli. I could eat it all day! So good and such fun fellowship. We came home and Ryan took a great 2 hour nap, woohoo for that!
Ryan and I are traveling to Connecticut in a few days to visit my best friend Rachel. I am so excited but I'm a little nervous about flying with Ryan. He's never flown before so I'm just praying he does well. We are flying out in the morning so I'm hoping he will take his morning nap on the plane. And I've gotten a couple new toys to occupy him during the flight. Does anyone have advice on flying with a baby? Any tips and tricks?

3 comments:

Summer said...

6 more weeks of Winter uggg! I am sooo ready for Spring :o)
I heart the Olive Garden and there breadsticks! I could eat them all day! Good luck on your trip! I have never flown with Kelcee sooo I don't have any flying advice here! I'm sure he will do just fine! Such a cutie!!
Summer :0)

Angela said...

Yea! So glad you and Rachel get to see each other! I went to see my BFF when Braden was 8 months old and he did great- lots of snacks, books and new toys to occupy- oh and a change of clothes, just in case!

Summer said...

Oh yes, we will definitely have a change of clothes hahaha!