Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Breakfast Casserole

 A few weeks ago our church held a men's breakfast on Saturday morning to launch some new men's groups that are starting soon.  Our men's ministry has been lacking so I'm really excited for Matt that they will have a lot more ministry opportunities for him and other men in our church.  

Matt was telling me about the awesome food they had and kept talking about this breakfast casserole.  I told him i've never really made a sausage and egg casserole.  

I found this easy and simple recipe on all recipes.com and thought I would give it a try.  It turned out great and the best part was Matt loved it.  I don't always love to cook but I get such satisfaction when I do make something and Matt really likes it.  What can I say, I'm a people pleaser!

If you are looking for a easy and good breakfast casserole check it out! 

Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole
by allrecipes.com

Ingredients:
1 pound ground pork sausage
1 teaspoon mustard powder (I left this out and it was still great)
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups milk
6 slices white bread, toasted and cut into cubes
8 oz mild cheddar cheese, shredded

Directions
1. Crumble sausage into a medium skillet.  Cook over medium heat until evenly brown, drain.

2. In a medium bowl, mix together mustard powder, salt, eggs, and milk.  Add the sausage, bread cubes, and cheese, and stir to coat evenly.  Pour into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.  Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours, or overnight.

3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

4. Cover, and bake 45 to 60 minutes. Uncover, and reduce temperature to 325 degrees.  Bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until set.  

No comments: