Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Blessings

We had some great Thanksgiving festivities yesterday. Matt and I got up early to run the 4 Mile Turkey Trot at Shelby Farms. I had planned on walking most of it but I couldn't help myself but run. My time was 52min., I'm a slow running but I'm a very fast walker. I ran about 3 miles of the race.

We enjoyed seeing Aunt Lex, Uncle Allen, Josh, Juliette, Amber and Mike. We enjoyed a very yummy thanksgiving lunch with all the trimmings! We had cornbread dressing, turkey, ham, green beans, corn, lima beans, peas, sweet potato casserole and rolls. Thanks to my mom and aunt Lex for doing most of the cooking. I'm not sure what it is about Thanksgiving but we eat lunch and then we are not even hungry for dinner. Isn't that the funniest thing.

Annabelle and Gracie were so full after lunch! They lounged most of the afternoon!

Aunt Lex and Uncle Allen brought Ryan an early Christmas present since we will be in Cincinnati for Christmas. They got him a train and a dog pillow pet. He loves them and is really enjoying playing with them.

After lunch with chatted, watched tv and relaxed.
Ryan loves this spinny toy my mom found. He walks around holding it for the longest time. My dad was showing him how to push the button and turn it on.

Ryan couldn't get enough of the game that Julie was playing on my brothers Ipad. Julie, who is 8, was entertained by the Ipad pretty much all night.
My brother Matt and Ryan wrestling. Ryan loves his Uncle Matt!

It was a great thanksgiving! We are beyond thankful for the many blessings that the Lord has bestowed on us this year.

"From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another." John 1:6

1 comment:

Summer said...

I am so glad ya'll had a fabulous Thanksgiving! That food looks so yummy! We had a great one too! I don't know what it is either about Thanksgiving food but it sure makes you tired and not hungry the rest of the night LOL....we were stuffed like Turkeys!

xoxo
Sums