Friday, October 9, 2009

Go Big Orange!

I'm participating in Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life: Favorite Tailgates and Teams. I am so excited to see everyone's favorite teams!

It's no secret that I love the Tennessee Vols! Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like to go to UT but I LOVE Union and can't imagine my life without my Union friends! My friend Jenn took me to my first TN game back in 2003. They played Notre Dame that weekend and lost but it was an awesome experience! Matt and I went to a Vandy game a few years ago and it was awesome! Matt wore his Vandy shirt and I wore my TN, ha! I will have to find my pics from the other games and post them.
Last year we met my parents and brother in Knoxville to attend the TN v. Wyoming game! It was the first weekend in November. It was alot of fun but a little chilly! I was 12 weeks pregnant at the time. This was the weekend that we told my parents we were pregnant. It was so exciting. We went to dinner Friday night once we all got there. I had purchased 2 bibs that said "I love Grandma" and "I love Grandpa". I told them that I had found a new job but it wouldn't start for another 8 months. ha! I gave them the bibs and they were thrilled we were expecting their first grandbaby!

My favorite TN fan!

My mom and Matt before the game. Matt didn't have a TN t-shirt so my parents took the liberty and brought him a shirt so he didn't feel "left out" of the sea of orange. He's not much of a TN fan but he puts up with me cheering and yelling for the vols!

Neyland Stadium is amazing. I hope we get to take Ryan to a game one day there!

Mom, my brother Matt, my Matt and me. My Dad is a huge TN fan as well. I usually call him after every game and discuss what happened and usually what went wrong. I enjoy that we share our love for TN football.

One of my favorite traditions at TN games is the "Power T". The Pride of the Southland Marching Band lines up to make the "power T" and the team and coaches run through the T onto the field. It gives you chills just watching!

Love getting my little shaker and cheering V O L S Let's go VOLS!!!

No comments: